Friday, May 28, 2010

Best of Banff, an inside guide to Canada's favourite park

I spent a good chunk of March researching and writing an insider's guide to Banff National Park for explore Magazine's June issue, now in print and partially reproduced online. It was probably the most fun I've ever had writing an article that didn't involve skiing untouched powder. I'm proud of the results and think I produced a really useful article.

I spent my teenage years and early twenties hanging out in the park, skiing in the winter and spring and hiking, climbing and paddling during the summer and fall. Many nights were spent celebrating in the pubs and bars off Banff Avenue. What a fun place to hang out. I go back every year.

Researching the article put me in touch with dozens of locals who like the town and park as much as I do. It also reminded me of all my adventures and misadventures and made me excited for my next trip to one of Canada's favourite outdoor playgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment