Saturday, November 28, 2009

Nouvelle Provence still new

I just finished writing content for the Comox Valley visitor guide. A big focus was on agri-tourism, a growing trend that sees people travel places specifically to sample the produce grown locally. Working on it reminded me of an article I wrote for BC Business Magazine a couple years ago. The Comox Valley has put a lot of effort into attracting new farmers to the Comox Valley. This area, near my home in Courtenay, is home to a large percentage of available farm land on temperate Vancouver Island. The marketing effort is dubbed the New Provence. While I don't necessarily agree with the moniker I do know the local food tastes good!

Here's a link to my article in the June 2007 issue of BC Business Magazine: http://www.bcbusinessonline.ca/bcb/top-stories/2007/06/01/la-nouvelle-provence

No comments:

Post a Comment